“Together we are STRONGER”
Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Day is an annual collaborative effort to globally raise awareness of individuals living with Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) and is held on September 30th.
The fifth annual Global “Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Day” will be held on September 30th, 2019.
For far too long, Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy has been an orphaned rare disease that has not gotten the attention of researchers, health care providers or the general public, that it deserves. Even many patients living with LGMD have limited knowledge of their LGMD diagnosis and progressive disease process.
Our goal is to globally draw attention to this group of rare neuromuscular diseases which can impact the lives of many from childhood through adulthood as LGMD occurs in all parts of the world & among all ethnic groups.
We believe that through social media, the participation and awareness will have a broader reach and impact. To keep abreast of our global initiatives and the educational components of LGMD Awareness Day, please join us on Facebook.
LGMD Awareness Day is held September 30th each year and is the occasion to globally raise awareness for Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy.
We invite you to become an Ambassador for LGMD Awareness Day to show your support for our 2018 campaign.
We invite all LGMD patients, family members, organizations, health care professionals, researchers, drug developers, public health organizations and any association with an interest in LGMD to join together and become an “Ambassador” of LGMD Awareness Day.
There are no costs involved! We encourage you to show your support and engagement.
As an Ambassador, you can help increase awareness of LGMD by:
- Posting the LGMD Awareness Day logo on your website and in your publications?
- Following our posts on Facebook and then liking and sharing them with your friends.
- Volunteer to be featured in an upcoming LGMD Spotlight Interview.
- Join in the “Lime Green for LGMD” campaign
- Changing your Facebook profile picture to our LGMD Awareness Day logo
- Linking your website to www.LGMD-info.org
- Interacting with our social media, and use the available resource tools to promote LGMD Awareness Day
- Interacting with the news media in your region to acknowledge and cover LGMD Awareness Day?
- Contacting your State and local elected officials for an official LGMD Awareness Day Proclamation
- Organizing an awareness-raising activity on or around September 30?
- Use the hashtags #LgmdDay and #TogetherWeAreStronger for your posts