LGMD AWARENESS DAY is September 30, 2020
Girdie, the LIMEmoji, is the new Ambassador for Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Awareness.
Follow along at #LGMDawareness to meet other ambassadors of LGMD worldwide.
HOW WILL YOUR ADVOCACY EFFORTS HELP THOSE LIVING WITH LGMD?
” By bringing my flavorful and fun loving spirit on my global journey, I will spark an interest in Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) awareness. I will let them know that there is research being done to find a cure for many forms of LGMD and give them hope. I will teach that awareness is power and power brings cures, treatments, and changes policies. I will demonstrate that together we are stronger.”
Join Girdie – Become an LGMD Ambassador
By partnering with Girdie, you can help teach others about Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) , which will enable communities to connect and will unite families with people who can work to develop treatments for LGMD. Help raise awareness of LGMD on social media and within your community.
It is an easy 3 step process
Help Girdie Share a Few Important Facts About LGMD:
Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) is a rare neuromuscular condition that causes severe muscle loss and effects people all over the world.
Early symptoms of Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) may include difficulty climbing stairs, frequent falls, difficulty rising from a seated position or even the inability to stand on toes.
Currently there is no cure, but every year, science is moving closer to a treatment for Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) thanks to the members of the scientific community and the organizations who fund their research efforts.
Add A Facebook Frame to Your Profile Picture and Show Your Support of LGMD Awareness Day 2020
Girdie has been busy raising awareness of LGMD!
We hope to see Girdie visit your community.
Join our other Campaigns!
A Special Thank You Goes Out To:
- Karen Cole, Sarah Emmons, Yumi Shim, Joshua Thayer, and Rich Yates for all the work they did to create and introduce our new “Girdie” campaign this year.
- Luke Lockwood for his assistance with updating the website for LGMD Awareness Day 2020
- Kate Pecora for her creativity in developing our new 2020 LGMD Awareness Day Facebook Frame
- Marilu Ramos for her assistance with social media.
- The LGMD Foundations, biotech, pharmaceutical companies, researchers, clinicians, industry leaders, and the greater LGMD community worldwide for working collaboratively to raise awareness of LGMD this year.